1. What's in at the moment?現在流行什麼?
the in-thing指那些現在流行、時尚的東西,并不局限于時裝,還包含音樂,語言表達等。
2. The magazine offers some advice on the latest high street fashion trends .這本雜志提供了一些大衆時尚流行趨勢方面的建議。
High street fashion 指大衆能接受的時裝流行趨勢。
3. People dress to the nines for the Christmas party.人們都盛裝迎接聖誕晚會。
Dress to the nines 即盛裝。
4. I like your handbag. This style is all the rage at the moment.我喜歡你的包。這個款式現在最流行了。
All the rage 表某東西現在非常時尚。
5.I’d like to have highlights put in.我想把外層頭發染的淡一些。
highlight: 挑染(将部份頭發染成淺色)。
6. Are you on a diet now?你現在正在節食嗎?
diet, 節食。
相關表達:
(1)How long have you been on a diet?你節食多長時間了?
(2)Do you still want to be on a diet?你還想節食嗎?
7.Who did you make yourself so beautiful for?打扮這麼漂亮去見誰啊?
8.I want to get my hair trimmed a little bit ,but don't change the style.我想把頭發修一下,但發型不要變.
相關表達:
(1)Can I make an appointment for a perm?我可以約個時間燙發嗎?
(2)I made an appointment for a perm at four.我約好四點鐘燙發
(3)I want a haircut and a shave, please.我想理發和修面。
9.It is no good to put lots of make-up and notion on your face. It is better to look natural.
把那麼多化妝品往臉上堆實在不好,自然美看起來更好。
10.It is good to put cucumbers on your face every night. These are natural skin soothers, natural healers of the skin. They soften the skin, wipe out the roughness, remove lines and age signs.
每晚在臉上貼些黃瓜效果不錯。這是一種天然潤膚、天然理療皮膚的方法。黃瓜能使皮膚細嫩,使皮膚光滑,消除皺紋,讓人顯得更年輕。
11.My forehead is wrinkled, the eyes are puffy, the sacks under the eyes are dark, and the skin is no longer as resilient as it was. I need a plastic surgery, and a breast enlargement.
我額頭滿是皺紋,眼睛浮腫,眼袋發黑,皮膚也不再像以前那麼光亮,我要去做美容手術和隆胸。
12. Shop until you drop. 隻要還能提得動,采購一路就不停。
She is type of woman of shop until you drop. 她是那種采購狂女人。
13.She’s really pretty, isn’t she? Her skin looks so baby smooth!
她太靓了。你看她的皮膚,看上去就像嬰孩一樣光滑。